Breakfast: Eggs & Bacon
- 4 cage-free brown eggs
- 4 strips nitrate-free bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup grated sharp cheddar or parmesan cheese
1. Preheat skillet to medium. Melt coconut oil in pan, followed by all but three thin slices of butter (set aside).
2. Crack eggs into pan and cook, as desired.
3. Fry bacon to desired crisp in separate frying pan, or microwave over paper towels.
4. When eggs are finished, transfer to plate. Place remaining butter slices over eggs, followed by cheese, spread evenly.
Joe's Comments: As an athlete working full-time, it is important that I get a high-calorie, high-fat breakfast to start the day. With this meal, I can get close to a thousand calories, and it allows me to work nearly eight hours continuous without having to snack. And since it has next to no carbohydrates, my body is effectively fat-burning for the bulk of the day.