Chef Lucero Martinez of Pampano in New York City likes to use the hazelnut mole to prepare her favorite dishes. She says it is a great addition to enhance any dish. Her two favorite dishes are duck dumplings with hazelnut mole and duck breast with hazelnut mole and faro.
- 5 tomatoes 5x6 (cut in half)
- 4 each white onions (large dice)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 each plantains
- 10 guajillo peppers (fried)
- 5 pasilla peppers (fried)
- 5 ancho peppers (fried)
- 2 tbsp of cumin
- 12 oz. of nutella
- 2 tbsp. of clack peppercorn
- 5 each cloves
- 4 arts of chicken stock
- 5 oz. of raisins
- .5 vanilla bean
- 1/4 pound of vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- Sauté the onions and garlic together and add the tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spices, plantain, and keep cooking.
- Add the chicken stock and nutella, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Puree all and refry in vegetable shortening and cook in low heat for 2 hours. Check salt.