Make Your Own Pup Pops
These pup pops are an easy treat that will keep your pup cool, happy, and hydrated all summer long. Mix and match ingredients to suit your dog’s taste. If you add blueberries, we advise keeping Fido off the furniture. It can get messy! Just remember that your dog doesn't really care what these look like.
- 1 part plain yogurt
- 1 part peanut butter
- 1 part water
- Thin yogurt and peanut butter (separately) with a little water until each is a pourable consistency.
- Pour yogurt and peanut butter into molds.
- To create layers, fill the mold 1/3 of the way with yogurt, freeze for 15 minutes, fill with peanut butter, freeze for 20 minutes, repeat using peanut butter.
- To create a popsicle stick, place filled mold in freezer for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to solidify; remove from freezer and insert a peeled carrot stick, biscuit, or other treat so half remains poking out of the top; return to freezer. (Or add handle after freezing first layer above.)
- Freeze until solid (approximately 1-2 hrs, depending on size).
- Run under warm water to unmold.
Variations: Add blueberries; shredded carrots; plain old water; kibble; bits of cooked steak, chicken, or turkey; even sardines. Be creative (just don't use any of these things.)