Monday: Double Session
Long starts the workweek with an upper body strength session in the morning that hits the bench press and other push-based exercises. Later in the week, he'll do a session dedicated to pull-based movements.
Chest & Tricep Workout (45-60 minutes)
- Push-Ups: 50 reps
- Bench Press: Increasing weight at 10 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps, then three sets of 3 reps. Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 x 5-8 reps. Rest 2-3 minutes.
- Pectoral Fly: 5 x 8-10 reps. Rest 1 minute.
- Tricep Dips: 3 x 10 reps. Rest 1 minute.
- Hanging Leg Raise: 2 x 10 reps. Rest 1 minutes.
Note that the rests aren't always restful. "I'm always doing core exercises, whether I mix them between my sets or add them on at the end," Long says.
Later in the day, Long's second workout will be a 60-minute bike ride, keeping a steady, relaxed pace.