Goat Cheese and Spinach Agnolotti
Israelis know quite well the perils of blistering summertime heat, and many restaurants adjust their dishes and recipes to accommodate diners opting for less heavy versions of their favorite dishes. A prime example: This goat cheese and spinach Agnolotti from Tel Aviv's beloved Coffee Bar, the flagship restaurant opened by Mati and Ruti Broudo more than 20 years ago.
Ingredients for Dough:
- 16 egg yolks
- 300 grams of flour
1. Place the flour and yolks into a food processor until the dough becomes uniform in consistency.
2. Remove the dough from the food processor and kneed the dough manually. Wrap the dough in a piece in a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour.
- 200 grams of soft goat cheese
- 50 grams of grated parmesan
- 1 kg of cleaned and separated spinach leaves
1. Sauté the spinach with a little bit of salt and olive oil
2. Remove the spinach from the heat
3. Cut the spinach leaves into thin pieces with a knife
4. Combine the rest of the raw materials with the spinach and add a bit of salt and then transfer it all into a bag
5. Take the dough and roll it out onto a surface that has been sprinkled with flour
6. Once the dough is flat, place it into a pasta maker, fold the dough lengthwise and repeat
7. Once the dough is flat, place filling inside on the dough and pinch the dough closed into a tube. Each pinch should be separated by four centimeters. Once all filling is used, cut the dough in between each of the mounds of filling so that they are all separated.
8. Heat a pot of water, add salt and add in six-eight pieces of filled dough into the water and let it simmer for three minutes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- thyme branches
- 75 grams of butter
- basil leaves
1. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and lay them out on a sheet of baking paper with salt, olive oil and thyme.
2. Place the dish in the oven for an hour and a half at 100 degree Celsius
3. In a separate skillet, heat the butter and the tomatoes. Using a spoon, press the tomatoes so that all the liquid seeps into the butter and turns it red.
4. Add a little bit of water, vegetable stock and the agnolotti and then mix it over basil leaves.