This recipe was inspired by the flavor of grenades, French for pomegranates.
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1½ cups pomegranate juice (like POM)
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup dark rum (like Bacardi Ocho)
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 oz absinthe
- 2 bottles cava or prosecco
1. Make rosemary syrup: Combine sugar, rosemary, and ½ cup water in a saucepan. Heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool and strain.
2. Combine syrup, pomegranate and lime juices, rum, brandy, and absinthe in a large container and chill.
3. To serve, pour half the mixture into a punch bowl, add one bottle of cava, and stir. Add a ring of ice and garnish with lime slices and pomegranate seeds. Repeat step 3 to replenish.