Lobster of the Angels
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- 1 whole lobster
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz garlic puree
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup clam or chicken broth
- 4 oz seafood broth
- 2 red or green peppers
- Grated cheese, for garnish (optional)
- In a small pot, heat clam or chicken broth and lobster base until hot and set aside. In a larger pot, heat olive oil to a smoking point and add garlic puree. (It will foam.) Add all chopped herbs, then add broth to make the basic sauce for the dish.
- Steam whole lobster for 6 minutes; chill in ice bath, then break lobster out of the shell.
- Cook angel-hair pasta to al dente.
- In a sauté pan, heat assorted peppers in 6 ounces of the sauce.
- Add the lobster and the pasta. Toss quickly and serve sprinkled with parmesan and romano cheeses.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Konrad Jochum, Head Chef of Schooner’s Beach Club in Panama City Beach Florida.