Saint Patrick’s Day is fast approaching. And while you could stock up on straight Jameson and Guinness yet again — and there is no shame in the classics — why not make this the year you chart new boozy waters? Starting with a spiked take on the popular McDonald's Shamrock Shake and working your way through a few other cocktails with an Irish twist that are fast and easy to make.
The Spiked Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 oz creme de menthe
- 1 oz Jameson
- 1 oz Bailey's
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Add your ice cream, milk, creme de menthe, vodka, bailey's and food coloring to your blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a tall glass & top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
Sailor Jerry’s Shaken Shamrock
- 1½ oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Fill glass with Root Beer
Combine ingredients. Serve with spoon and straw, garnish with pretzel rod.
The Irish Margarita
- 1½ oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
- 1 oz Montelobos Mezcal
- ½ oz Milagro Tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Cointreau
- Lime Wedges
- Mint leaves
Combine ingredients over ice. Garnish with lime wedge and fresh mint leaves.