- Lie on stomach, place elbows under shoulders, tighten abs, and squeeze glutes together.
- Push up onto your forearms so body is parallel to the floor. Keep a flat back.
- Hold position as long as possible until you feel it in your back instead of your abs.
- Lie on back with legs straight and together. Place elbows under shoulders and forearms parallel to each other on the floor.
- Squeeze glutes and lats and lift hips off the floor. Hold here as long as you can maintain proper form.
- Lying on your side, place elbow under shoulder, tighten abs, and squeeze glutes together.
- Push up, supporting yourself on your forearm and the side of your foot. Keep your knees together with your heels stacked, making sure your back is flat.
- Shrug shoulders down, tuck your chin, and blow like you're blowing out candles to activate your transverse abdominis. Hold as long as you can with proper form.
Rotating Side Plank
- Lie on your right side. Stack your hips and place your elbow under your shoulder.
- Press up onto forearm, lifting hips toward ceiling.
- Reach left arm toward ceiling, in line with torso. Then reach left arm across your body and under your right side, twisting your torso at the same time.
- Keeping hips lifted and stacked, return to the starting position.