4. Fire Wisdom 101
1. In wet conditions, look for dead branches suspended in the trees. They’ll be drier than wood on the ground.
2. Chips make for good emergency tinder. The best burner: Funyuns. Hand sanitizer, pocket and dryer lint, and tampons also catch quickly.
3. Make DIY water-proof matches by coating regular ones in several layers of nail polish.
4. When cooking, sprinkle salt over a fire to prevent food-scorching flare-ups.
5. In a crisis, burn green boughs to produce white smoke to signal for help.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top