7. Make the Perfect BBQ Mixtape
Garage-rock stalwart Ty Segall, whose new album, First Taste, drops in August, divulges his ideal cookout playlist, with advice on how to assemble your own. — As told to J.R. Sullivan
1. “School’s Out,” by Alice Cooper, is the ultimate it’s-summer-we-can-do-whatever-the-hell-we-want song. And everyone knows it, which is a good way to kick things off.
2. “Vegetables,” by the Beach Boys, is for all the old guys and weirdos at the barbecue. Yet little kids will also love it, since the lyrics are innocent and goofy.
3. “Borderline,” by Madonna, is a classic pop jam. Not everyone will like it, but that’s OK. You have to play at least one song that’s just for you.
4. “Barbecutie,” by Sparks, is a total summer jam. I picked it mostly because of the name, but it also just rules.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top