2. Healthy gingerbread men cookies
These gingerbread men are made healthier thanks to whole wheat flour and less sugar than the classic recipe. Plus you’re getting the benefits of ginger, cloves and nutmeg, spices that could help boost your immune system.
Makes 18 cookies (depending on the size of your cookie cutter)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking powder
¼ cup light molasses
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large egg, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp liquid stevia
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and let it cool. In a large bowl, combine the oil and the other wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter and put the dough in the middle. Flatten it out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cover with more plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take your dough out of the fridge and keeping it in the plastic wrap, roll it until it’s ⅛” thick. Dust your cookie cutter with some flour and create your gingerbread men. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 1/2” apart.
- Bake your cookies for 8 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes and then move them off the baking sheet to finish cooling down. Enjoy!