6. Healthy ginger orange cranberry bread
This healthier take on the popular holiday quick bread is bursting with cranberries, citrus flavor, and a hint of ginger spice. Thanks to the natural sweetness in the citrus this bread uses no refined sugars and only 1/2 cup maple syrup. In place of butter, this recipe includes heart healthy olive oil instead. Enjoy with a protein-rich serving of nut butter and this cranberry bread is sure to keep you satisfied!
Recipe credit: Kathryn Pfeffer
1 cup whole white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp orange zest (about one orange)
Juice of one orange (about 1/4 cup, add 1/2 cup more orange juice if prefer softer bread)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup whole cranberries (thawed if frozen)
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside a greased or non-stick loaf pan (81/2 x 4 1/2″).
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the larger bowl of dry mix and stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts. Pour the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, using a clean knife check the middle for residue. If it remains clean the bread is done.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top