8. Creamy chocolate truffles
These Chocolate Truffles are the perfect bite-size dessert made healthier with a secret (and super surprising) ingredient: pureed cauliflower. Trust me, it totally works. This recipe for creamy truffles is naturally gluten-free and vegan-friendly and counts as a veggie. What other dessert has that bragging right?
Recipe and photo by Dixya Bhattarai
1 cup plain cauliflower
1/2 Tbsp butter
Splash heavy cream
Pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips, I used dark
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
splash of vanilla extract
instant coffee, unsweetened cocoa powder, nuts
- Boil or steam the cauliflower florets until tender. Use a potato masher or a food
- processor to turn them into a mashed potato texture.
- Melt the butter and stir into the cauliflower. Add a splash of heavy cream and salt to season.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler or use a microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Combine mashed cauliflower with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge for 30¬-45 minutes until the mixture firms up.
- Roll about a Tbsp of the cauliflower mixture into small balls.
- Roll balls into toppings of your choice. I mixed instant coffee powder + unsweetened cocoa
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top