9. Whole wheat lemon cranberry scones
These delicious scones are made with wholesome ingredients and are free of any refined sugar. They feature whole wheat flour for added fiber and nutrients, are lightly sweetened with maple syrup, and call for Greek yogurt as opposed to the usual buttermilk in scones. Finally, they are packed with antioxidant-rich cranberries that provide the perfect amount of tartness!
Recipe and photo credit: Josten Fish
Makes 12 scones
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour I recommend white whole wheat for a lighter texture
4 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Lemon, Zested
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Cup Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together Greek yogurt and egg in a small bowl . Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut butter into mixture until the texture resembles coarse peas.
- Mix in in the zest of 1 lemon, maple syrup, cranberries.
- Add yogurt mixture and stir until a soft dough forms. Knead about 10 times. Form dough into two balls and pat into circles approximately 3/4-1″ thick.
- Cut each circle into 6 pieces using a pizza cutter. Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top