4. Breakfast Spanish Tortilla
Traditionally served as tapas (an appetizer) in Spanish restaurants and bars, this version of the Spanish tortilla removes a lot of the fat and makes a healthy breakfast casserole. Conventionally it does not contain cheese, but feel free to sprinkle some on top in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a skillet over medium heat, slowly cook onions in olive oil until lightly brown and caramelized, about 5–6 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Layer half of the potatoes and fried onions in a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Pour half the eggs over the layers. Repeat layers ending with the last of the whisked eggs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours or on high for 3½–4 hours.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top