7. Gluten-Free Breakfast Granola
Finding gluten-free granola can be a challenge in most grocery stores, but it’s super easy to make your own in the slow cooker. Make sure to stir the ingredients about every 30 minutes to prevent uneven cooking or over-browning.
- 2½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup gluten-free dried cranberries
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and vent with a wooden spoon handle or a chopstick. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours, stirring every hour or so.
- When granola is toasty and done, pour it onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Spread the granola out evenly over the entire sheet of parchment paper. Allow granola to cool and dry for several hours.
- Once cooled, break granola up and place in an airtight container or a tightly sealed glass jar and store in pantry for up to 1 month. For longer storage keep granola in freezer for up to 6 months.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top