Cauliflower Steak with Chipotle Mayo
Cauliflower can hold up nicely on the grill, so you can make killer steaks with it. The trick to make steaks with cauliflower is to leave the florets on the core, and then slice into 1-inch thick pieces. Serve as the main attraction or alongside chicken, beef, or fish.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
1 jumbo head of cauliflower
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ cup full fat mayonnaise
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350F or the BBQ to medium heat, 400F (that’s medium heat on my BBQ)
2. Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Put the baking sheet with the cauliflower into the oven or lay the sheet directly onto the BBQ grates and roast for 15 minutes on each side. After the first 15 minutes, carefully turn the cauliflower pieces by using a spatula.
4. While the cauliflower is roasting, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle powder, lemon juice, and garlic, and mix well.
5. Serve the cauliflower with the sauce.
Nutrition Information (per ½ head cauliflower and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise dressing)
Calories: 258; Total Fat: 20 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 6 grams: Carbohydrates: 90 grams; Sugars: 6 grams; Fiber: 6 grams; Sodium: 340 milligrams
Recipe and photo provided by Abby Langer, owner of Abby Langer Nutrition.Back to top