Quick Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower purees nicely into soup. Combine with aromatic leeks for a flavor punch and add some body and thickness by using a touch of heavy cream.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 large leek, cleaned and sliced
1 quart chicken stock
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
2. Place cauliflower on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and gently browned.
4. In a large soup pot, heat butter and an additional tablespoon of oil. Add chopped leeks, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add roasted cauliflower and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir in cream, if using.
5. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
6. Taste for seasoning and serve. Makes 2 quarts.
Nutrition Information (per 1 cup serving, including the heavy cream)
Calories: 90; Total Fat: 6 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 3 grams: Carbohydrates: 6 grams; Sugars: 2 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 9 milligrams; Sodium: 250 milligrams
Recipe by registered dietitian and certified athletic trainer Dana Angelo White of Dana White Nutrition, Inc.Back to top