5. Savory Mediterranean Yogurt Parfait
Dress up your muscle-building Greek yogurt with savory ingredients, like sun-dried tomatoes, quinoa, parsley, olives, and walnuts. The quinoa adds even more BCAAs to your meal, while the walnuts have inflammation-lowering omega-3s.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- ½ cup loosely packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped*
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced California black ripe olives
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine quinoa, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine vinegar, parsley, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt with minced garlic.
3. In a tall round goblet or parfait cup, layer about ⅓ cup yogurt, then 2 tablespoons of sliced black olives and then ½ cup quinoa mixture. Repeat with another ⅓ cup of yogurt. Then top with 2 more tablespoons of black olives. Lastly, sprinkle top with a tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
4. Refrigerate if not eating right away.
*Chef’s note: I used plain sun-dried tomatoes but you can use the kind stored in oil. Just drain off some of the oil before chopping.
Nutrition Information (per parfait)
Calories: 342; Total Fat: 13 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 23 grams: Carbohydrates: 36 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber: 5 grams; Cholesterol: 26 milligrams; Sodium: 755 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Jenna Braddock, RD of Make Healthy Easy.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top