This cocktail made with juiced cucumbers is the perfect gentleman’s drink with 7 grams of carbs per serving.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
For cucumber juice
1 English cucumber (makes about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of juice, depending on the size of the cucumber)
For each cocktail
1½ ounces of vodka
¼ ounce ginger liquor such as Canton (optional)
1½ ounces cucumber juice
1 teaspoon agave
5 mint leaves (plus extra for garnish)
1½ ounces ginger beer
Thinly sliced cucumber (for garnish)
- If you have a juicer, use it to make the juice, otherwise, roughly chop the cucumber and transfer it to a blender or food processor and pulse until it’s completely liquefied. Place a fine mesh strainer over a glass measuring cup and pour the cucumber juice through the strainer to remove the solids.
- It’s recommended to use a Boston cocktail shaker, but if you don’t have one, mix the ingredients in a glass.
- In the mixing glass, combine the vodka, ginger liquor, cucumber juice, mint leaves and agave.
- Fill the tumbler with ice.
- Pour the liquid over the ice.
- Secure the glass in the tumbler and shake 5 times until cold and frothy.
- Pour into glasses and top with ginger beer, additional mint leaves and cucumber slices for garnish.
Nutrition Information (per serving, not including optional ginger liquor)
Calories: 134; Total Fat: 0 grams; Saturated Fat: 0 grams; Protein: 0 grams: Carbohydrates: 7 grams; Sugar: 6 grams; Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 3 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Lisa Lotts of Garlic & Zest.Back to top