Smoky Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 lb ground beef
3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), sliced in half
1 cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, minced, seeds removed (or not!)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp Chipotle seasoning
1 tsp cumin, ground
2 tbsp chipotle tomato paste (or regular)
1 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
2 tbsp ghee butter
1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place all but one bell pepper halves in a baking dish and sprinkle with pink s+p. Bake for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, dice the remaining bell pepper half, set aside.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp ghee and then ground beef. Season with chipotle, cumin, pink s+p, and brown beef, stirring occasionally. Add diced red onions, diced bell pepper, and jalapeno and cook another 3-4 minutes. Next, add chipotle tomato paste and minced garlic, cook another few minutes.
4. Spoon meat mixture into bell pepper shells and bake for about 10 minutes. Then add shredded cheese and cook another minute or just until melted.
5. Garnish with avocado, cilantro and lime juice if desired!
Recipe and photo courtest Natasha @ Fiesty Kitchen
Back to top