3. Sticky chicken lettuce cups
Easy, healthy, and fun, these lettuce cups make a light dinner or can be served as an appetizer when you have the guys over for game day.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
¼ cup mild honey
Serving suggestions: lettuce leaves, shredded carrot, sliced cucumber, lime wedges, Sriracha
1. Place chicken and cornstarch in a large re-sealable bag; close bag and toss to coat the pieces in cornstarch.
2. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat.
3. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute before adding honey and sesame seeds. Continue to cook, tossing frequently until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Serve chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves and topped with desired toppings.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 424; Total Fat: 13 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 50 grams: Carbohydrates: 26 grams; Sugar: 20 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 145 milligrams; Sodium: 386 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Dana Angelo White, registered dietitian and certified athletic trainer.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top