4. Cheesy habanero-stuffed turkey burger
These protein-packed burgers are perfect for a warm day at the barbecue—and they have far less saturated fat than conventional beef burgers.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
16 oz lean ground turkey (80% + lean)
2 oz habanero cheese, part skim
4 100% whole wheat burger buns
4 oz grilled pineapple
1 grilled poblano pepper
1. Fire up your grill and get your burgers assembled!
2. Separate ground turkey into 4 even rounds. Divide each round into 2.
3. Using ½ ounce shredded cheese, place the cheese in between each 2 ounces of ground turkey.
4. Close patty halves onto one another, pushing the outside together to create an enclosed burger.
Heat on your BBQ grill until done (165 degrees F).
5. Cool completely and store for your mid-week burger craving or serve immediately topped with your grilled condiments!
Nutrition Information (per burger)
Calories: 300; Total Fat: 14 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 30 grams: Cholesterol: 113 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Elizabeth Ann Shaw, M.S., R.D., C.L.T. of Simple Swaps.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top