This simple marinade, which includes bourbon, turns everyday chicken into a mouthwatering culinary experience without going overboard on calories.
Skill Level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 45 minutes, plus marinating time
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup bourbon (I like Jack Daniels)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or use a paste like Garden Gourmet
1½ pounds chicken (preferably skinless)
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with a splash of water
1. In a bowl, combine oil, honey, bourbon, garlic and ginger and stir until well combined.
2. Pour half into a large re-sealable bag with chicken and let marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Reserve other half of marinade in bowl until ready to cook.
4. Bring remaining marinade (the half that hasn’t been in the bag) to a boil in a small saucepan.
5. Add cornstarch mixture, reduce heat and let simmer until thickened.
6. Cook chicken as desired (grill or bake) and brush glaze on a couple times while cooking.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 475; Protein: 39 grams; Total Fat: 25 grams; Carbohydrates: 18 grams; Sugar: 16 grams
Recipe and photo by Lindsay Livingston, R.D. of The Lean Green Bean
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top