Bourbon marinated flank steak
Toss 7 ingredients in a re-sealable bag and marinate your meat for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. You’ll get a delicious piece of muscle-building lean meat that takes only 12 minutes to cook. Perfect for when you get back from a hard work out.
Skill Level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 27 minutes plus marinating time
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup bourbon (such as Jim Beam)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1½ pound flank steak or London broil
1. In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients.
2. Pour into a resealable plastic food storage bag. Place steak in the bag, remove as much air as possible and seal it. Flip the steak around a few times to coat it with the marinade.
3. Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours and up to eight, flipping and rotating the meat every few hours.
4. Heat barbecue to a medium high heat.
5. Remove steak from marinade and blot off the excess moisture with a paper towel.
Place steak on hot grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes on the first side for medium rare. Flip the steak and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
6. Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes so that the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
7. Thinly slice, going against the grain, at about a 35-45 degree angle.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 424; Protein: 39 grams; Total Fat: 22 grams; Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Sugar: 10 grams
Recipe and photo by Lisa Lotts of Garlic + Zest
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top