Nutmeg had its fair share of hullabaloo this past holiday season when reports of nutmeg poisoning surfaced (see: New York Times). In large doses, nutmeg can cause myristicin poisoning, which can be fatal, according to research from the Journal of Medical Toxicology. Symptoms of poisoning include headaches, nausea, dizziness, and hallucinations. So long as you’re not downing tablespoons at a time, you can still enjoy the spice sprinkled atop eggnog and incorporated into cookies.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top