Mushroom Banh Mi
“The thing that I like about this sandwich is that the format allows you to substitute ingredients in and out, depending on what you have access to. Swap the radishes for some sliced kohlrabi, grill some marinated tofu instead of the mushrooms, pickle some onions along with the carrots. There are plenty of possibilities, and all will lead to a delicious sandwich!” says Pinewood Social Strategic Hospitality Culinary Director Josh Habiger.
- 1 piece of French bread, approximately 8″ long
- sliced radishes
- pickled carrots (recipe below)
- sliced cucumber
- grilled oyster mushrooms
- Pickle carrots. Grill Mushrooms by simply tossing the mushrooms in a bowl with some oil, a little bit of salt, and pepper. Set the mushrooms onto a hot grill until you notice them soften up and absorb a nice grilled flavor.
- Slice the baguette and grill or toast it to give the bread some added texture and spread mayonnaise on the inside of both halves, then follow with the sriracha (use based on your own spice level).
- Start by layering each ingredient the entire length of the bread, starting with the grilled mushrooms, and following with each of the others.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring to a boil 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt.
- Pour over several carrots that have been sliced to matchsticks (or shredded) along with one or two sliced chili peppers (fresnos or jalapeños) to give the carrots.
- Allow these to sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top