Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Adrienne Raimo, a functional and integrative dietitian at One Bite Wellness says, “without a doubt, this is one of the most decadent and satisfying brownies ever made. They’re firm, rich, chocolate-y, and full of nutritious goodness — all without that pesky gluten! These brownies are a go-to comfort food and are excellent for the days when you desire to ‘go rogue’ on your diet, without doing so.”
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (sifted, optional)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup melted, liquid coconut oil
- 3 eggs (room temperature works best)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 drops peppermint essential oil, optional
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 300º.
- Mix together all ingredients by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 30–35 minutes; a knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes before cutting into squares or removing from pan. Stores well in fridge for 5–7 days in an airtight container. Freezing is also an option.