Kale Pesto with Marinated Boquerones (Anchovy) Sauce
This pasta dish from chefs John Gallo and Rene Reyes of Pinch Kitchen is one for health nuts: Kale is full of protein and minerals and boquerones (a European anchovy) are packed with amino acids and calcium.
- 4 cups of blended oil
- 3 cups of Parmesan recommend brand reggiano Parmigiano
- 3 1/2 cups of halved almonds
- Freshly squeeze 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. of red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. of fresh kale
- 4 oz. Boquerones (keep a 1/4 cup of the oil they come in)
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cracks of freshly ground pepper
1. Blend oil, Parmesan, almonds, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and boquerones (or any available anchovy) until you get a chunky consistency and all ingredients have come together (blend on medium speed)
2. Add kale into the blender & oil from boquerones.
3. Check the consistency and acidity
4. Add in the salt and black pepper. Taste and add more to your liking.
5. Pasta: Cook your pasta or choice. We recommend fresh homemade pasta like tagliatelle or spaghetti. You can also simplify it with store bought dry pasta.
6. After cooking your pasta, strain it and add some of the water from when you were cooking it back into the pasta. Begin to fold in your kale pesto sauce.
7. Garnish with some sautéed kale and Parmesan!Back to top