King Crab and Squid Ink Fettuccini
“This simple pasta dish celebrates the flavors of summer — fresh seafood with a little heat from the jalapeños,” says Chef Jean Paul Labadie, chef de cuisine at Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. “The sauce is flavorful, but not heavy or overwhelming, which makes this a nice entree to serve in the hotter months.”
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 4-5 strips jalapeño, julienned (depending on heat tolerance)
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz. king crab, shredded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Chives, shaved for garnish
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 oz. squid ink fettuccine (can be purchased on Amazon or in a specialty food store)
1. Boil a large pot of salted water to cook pasta according to the time on the package.
2. In a very hot pan, heat the oil. When hot, add the shallots and jalapeños. Cook for one minute, then add the garlic and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3. When soft, add the lime juice, chopped cilantro and the crab and bring back to temperature.
4. Stir in the butter to make a sauce, check for seasoning and toss in the pasta to coat.
5. Place pasta mixed with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, pour sauce over and garnish with the chives and cilantro leaves.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top