Spinach Fusilli with Fava Bean, Spring Onion Flower, Lemon and Pecorino
“This dish boasts an irresistible green hue and utilizes highlights from the farmer’s market during the season: spring onions, ramps, peas and spinach,” says Chef Julia Jaksic, who oversees the menus at NYC hot spots Jack’s Wife Freda and Employees Only. “Just about every ingredient in this dish is green, making it nutritious and light for summer” — and of course lemon adds a nice brightness.”
- Pea and spinach purée (recipe below)
- 1 cup cooked fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp. charred ramp butter
- 1/2 cup blanched fava beans
- Handful spring onion flowers
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
- Lemon zest
1. To plate, toss fusilli pasta in charred ramp butter, pea and spinach puree, and blanched fava beans.
2. Garnish with finely grated pecorino cheese, lemon zest, and handful of spring onion flowers.
Pea and Spinach Puree
- 1 Quart English Peas, blanched
- 1 Quart Spinach, packed and blanched
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Lemon, zest
- Salt to Taste
1. Add all ingredients to blender until smooth and completely blended.
2. Finish with an ounce of olive oil to emulsify.Back to top