Crab and Corn Pancake
“Summer brings us such great products and we like to focus on the lighter side when it comes to seafood and let the main ingredient stand on its own. Presenting crab in a loose format, instead of a cake, lets the crab meat mold with other flavors as well as stand on its own. This is a great appetizer for a summer party,” says Chef Tom Kern of The Local Chicago.
- 2 oz. crab meat, jumbo lump
- 1.5 ounces smoked bacon lardons
- 3 oz. tomatoes, roasted
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- In a hot sauté pan, Toss with melted butter, salt and pepper to taste until warm.
- Chopped chives to finish.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 to 4 ears corn
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 jalapeño, fine diced
- Roast corn for 40 minutes in oven. Remove corn kernels and add all other batter ingredients. Heat pan/griddle to medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp. oil and add batter. Turn after 3 minutes.
- Place cooked corn cake on plate then top with warm crab ingredients. Finish with goat cheese and a sprinkle of chives.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top