The corn kernels burst with sweet juice and a nutty char from the grill, while the accompanying chipotle mayo and chile de árbol offer a slightly spicy kick. The combination of the mayo and cotija cheese offers a pleasant creaminess and slight tanginess. Tastes like the perfect summer dish hot off the grill.” “This dish is inspired by eloteros that sell the street-style Mexican corn. They typically offer a variety of condiments (mayonnaise, garlic salt, tajin, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and more). We added our own spin by elevating the dish while still remaining true to its roots,” says Chef Manuel Trevino of Horchata New York.
- 1 ea. Corn Ear, Blanched and Braided
- As Needed Butter
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Lime, juice
- 2 oz. Chipotle Mayo
- 3/4 oz. Cotija Cheese
- 1 tsp. Arbol Chili Powder
- 1/4 ea. Lime Wedge
- Brush corn with butter and season with salt. Place on grill and char all sides.
- When corn comes off the grill, rub with lime half. Brush corn with chipotle mayo, dredge in cotija cheese and finish with a sprinkle of chile de arbol powder.
- To plate: place on a long plate. Garnish with 2 lime wedges to keep it from rolling on plate. Squeeze with lime before serving.
- 1 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. Chipotle Puree
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise and chipotle puree. Stir well until incorporated.
- Add salt to taste. Set aside.