Tricolor Corn Salad with Goat Cheese Fondue
“Not only is corn in its prime season, so it is sweet and juicy, creating a wonderful seasonal flavor, but too, the peas and tomatoes in the recipe are also in prime season and they serve to accompany and enhance the flavor of the corn with the taste they impart, but also its crunchy texture, along with the creamy smoothness and subtle flavor of the goat cheese. It is refreshing, ‘pops’ in your mouth, and is the flavor of summer — corn at its peak,” says Chef Danny Lledó of Slate Wine Bar + Bistro in Washington, DC.
- 1 cup of sweet yellow corn
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut
- 1/2 bunch of parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Goat Cheese Fondue
- 1 cup of goat cheese
- 2 table spoons of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl place all the vegetables and the chopped parsley add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the goat cheese in a small bowl with the 2 table spoons of heavy cream slowly mixed until get creamy.