Recipe: Balsamic and Garlic Chicken
The garlic and balsamic vinegar combined with the mushrooms give the chicken aromatic flavor without going overboard.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
½ pound sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper
7 garlic cloves, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon butter
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken to taste. Add some salt and pepper to flour then coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the chicken for about 3 minutes each side.
3. Add the peeled garlic to the skillet and add the mushrooms. Continue to sauté the chicken and stir the mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, broth, thyme and bay leaves. Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove chicken and transfer to a serving dish.
6. Continue to simmer the sauce over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the butter and remove the bay leaves. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 446; Total Fat: 19 grams; Saturated Fat: 5 grams; Protein: 56 grams: Carbohydrates: 9 grams; Sugar: 3 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 180 milligrams; Sodium: 370 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Kim Melton, RD of Nutrition Pro Consulting.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top