Recipe: Chicken Thigh Cutlets Stuffed with Olive and Dried Plum Tapenade
Stash a package of dried plums to make this tasty meal. The saltiness of the olives balances the sweetly tart dried plums resulting in a high protein chicken dish that is to die for.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1½ cups mixed olives, such as Sicilian and Kalamata, diced
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
½ cup dried plums (I like California Dried Plums)
1½ (12-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon grated orange peel
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 (one-pound) packages chicken thigh cutlets
Crushed red pepper, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
1. Purée beans, olives, 1 tablespoon olive oil, dried plums, tomatoes, orange peel, salt and pepper.
2. Pound chicken thigh cutlets; flatten to ¼ inch. Spread tapenade mixture over the chicken thighs. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
3. Arrange in a pan and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning.
4. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Remove foil and broil to brown the top.
5. Serve whole, or cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces and arrange on a plate.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 242; Total Fat: 10.5 grams; Protein: 23.7 grams: Carbohydrates: 16 grams; Fiber: 3.2 grams
Recipe by Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN for the California Dried Plum Board.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top