Recipe: Lemony Shrimp with Goat Cheese
Baby shrimp combined with goat cheese, cream cheese, crunchy celery, lemon, and thyme make an impressive appetizer or light lunch that can be whipped up in 20 minutes. Serve with cucumber rounds, or whole grain crackers.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 20 minutes, plus 2 hours chill time
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
1 pound baby shrimp, cleaned in a seive with the extra moisture gently pushed throug the seive
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 medium lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
2 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
2 ounces low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups baby arugula
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1. Coat a small baking dish like the one pictured with cooking spray.
2. Combine remaining ingredients EXCLUDING arugula, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
3. Gently press the shrimp mixture into the baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Dress arugula with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Mound arugula on a serving plate, then invert the shrimp mixture out of the bowl over the arugula.
Nutrition Information (per 1 oz serving)
Calories: 123; Total Fat: 8 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 8 grams: Carbohydrates: 4 grams; Sugar: 2.5 grams; Fiber: 0.5 grams; Cholesterol: 64 milligrams; Sodium: 329 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Kristi Rimkus of Mother Rimmy’s.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top