Recipe: Sirloin Breakfast Sliders
Is steak healthy for breakfast? Absolutely! Marinade the sirloin tip, a lean cut of beef, the night before and cook it on the skillet the next morning. Each breakfast slider contains 2 ounces of beef, which is a great way to enjoy beef in a portion-controlled way first thing in the morning.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 33 minutes, plus marinating time
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
For the Sirloin Tip Marinade
2 oz maple whiskey
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup water
6 oz lean sirloin tip
2 teaspoons light vegan butter
For the sliders
3 whole wheat English muffins, halved
3 tablespoon fat free cream cheese
3 teaspoon maple syrup (sugar free)
6 tablespoon strawberry jelly or fruit spread of choice
3 fried eggs
1. In an airtight container, combine the marinade ingredients and place beef in container. If possible, let marinate up to 48 hours.
2. When ready to assemble, set oven to broil.
3. Place cast iron skillet in stove to heat.
4. Remove after 5 minutes and place 2 teaspoons vegan butter in skillet.
5. Place one sirloin tip in skillet.
6. Return to oven and broil 3-4 minutes per side. Remove sirloin tip from skillet and let rest on cutting board. Repeat process with second sirloin tip. Slice sirloin into long strips.
7. To assemble sandwich, toast English muffins.
8. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and maple syrup.
9. In the same skillet you made your sirloin in, fry the eggs.
10. Remove toasted English muffins and place on 4 small plates.
11. Lather one side with the maple cream cheese, one side with the jelly. Place egg on top of cream cheese side. Place 2 oz of sirloin on jelly side. Carefully put the egg side on top of the steak and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per slider)
Calories: 310; Total Fat: 4.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 27 grams: Carbohydrates: 42 grams; Sugar: 18 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 50 milligrams; Sodium: 480 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Elizabeth Ann Shaw, MS, RD, CLT of Simple Swaps.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top