Spicy Tuna Poke
Chef Eddie Brik in Los Angeles is a well-respected personal chef to Hollywood’s A-List. He said spicy tuna poke is just the right blend of spicy, yet cool for the summer.
- 1 pound ahi sushi-grade tuna
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sambal (hot garlic chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 whole cubed mango
- 2 whole diced avocados
- 1/4 cup white toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black toasted sesame seeds
- Cube the tuna into 1/2-inch pieces.
- To make the drawing, take a mixing bowl and whisk all the ingredients together except the avocado and the mango.
- Combine the tuna, avocado, mango, and dressing, and lightly toss.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top