Tum Tang Carpaccio
“The Tum Tang Carpaccio has a succulent combination of cucumbers, peanuts, radishes, locally grown tamarind, and lastly, a dash of serrano pepper bits which gives it its unique spicy twist,” says Dominic Esposito, Director of Food and Beverage, Marriott Cancun Resorts. “It’s deliciously light, fresh, and crisp — simply perfect for summer.”
Tamarind-Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 5 ounces tamarind pulp
- 1-1/5 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 pinch garlic, minced
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- 8 ounces cucumber, sliced paper thin
- 8 pear tomatoes, sliced in half, 4 red and 4 yellow
- 12 radishes, sliced paper thin
- 4 shallots, sliced julienne
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced paper thin
- 1 ounce toasted peanuts, crushed
- Micro basil and edible flowers, to garnish
- Sea salt, to taste
- Arrange the sliced cucumbers in a circular pattern around a large round plate.
- Drizzle 3 ounces dressing over the slices.
- Evenly spread the peanuts, shallots, serrano pepper, radish, tomatoes, and micro basil in a decorative way.
- Season with sea salt and drizzle with tamarind-lime
dressing just before serving.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top