Breadcrumb Lamb Medallions
- ½ cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb lamb shoulder cut into about 3-inch medallions
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line baking sheet with foil. Mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, and lemon in small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large oven-proof skillet over medium-high and add olive oil. Add lamb to hot oil and sear for 1–2 minutes on each side until brown.
- Transfer lamb to baking sheet and pat breadcrumb mixture on top of each lamb medallion. Roast lamb for 5–7 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden. Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy Lisa Samuel, RDN and McKenzie Hall, RDN @ Nourish RDs
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top