Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups assorted veggies, fresh and/or frozen
- 4 cups brown rice
- 2 precooked grilled chicken breasts, chopped up the breasts OR 2 raw chicken breast
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- soy sauce or tamari, to taste
- sesame oil, to taste
- optional pine nuts and Sriracha to taste on top.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep pan. If using raw chicken breasts, stir fry until cooked through then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add assorted veggies (if using frozen, you may add them this way) and stir fry until lightly cooked.
- Add rice and mix rice and veggies together. Add cut-up chicken. Push rice, chicken, and veggies to side of wok and add beaten eggs. Cook eggs until done, then mix them in with veggies, rice, and chicken.
- Season to taste with soy sauce or tamari and sesame oil, and top off with pine nuts and Siracha if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy EA Stewart, RD @ The Spicy RD
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top