Grilled Cheddar, Brie, and Apple Sandwiches
- 4 slices of sourdough, or other hearty thick whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz of brie, softened at room temperature
- 3 oz of sharp cheddar, grated, at room temperature
- ½ sweet apple, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- Heat a nonstick frying pan to medium-high heat. Lightly brush the olive oil on each side of the 4 slices of bread. Toast one side of each slice of bread lightly in the frying pan.
- Remove bread from pan, and spread the brie on the toasted sides of two pieces of bread. Top brie with the cheddar and 2–3 slices of apple. Top apples with remaining slices of bread, toasted side down. Return the sandwiches to the pan and lightly toast on each side. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy Anne Danahy MS, RDN @ Craving Something Healthy
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top