Little Italy Meatball Sliders with Whipped Ricotta
Makes 10 sliders
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
- ¼ cup dry, plain whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1½ cups your favorite jarred marinara sauce
For the Whipped Ricotta:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 slider rolls (preferably whole wheat), toasted
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all of the ingredients for the meatballs together in a large bowl. Form into 10 meatballs. Place the meatballs on a rack in a broiler pan. Bake in the oven until cooked through, 18–20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, place the ricotta, olive oil, and a pinch of salt in a mini food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a medium saucepan on the stove (alternatively, you can heat the sauce in a bowl in the microwave). When the meatballs are done, remove them from the oven and toss them in the sauce.
- To assemble the sliders, place a few arugula leaves on each roll bottom. Add the meatballs and spoon a little marinara sauce over each one. Top each meatball with a dollop of whipped ricotta and add the roll tops.
Recipe and photo courtesy Sonali Ruder @ The Foodie Physician
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top