Multigrain Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- ⅔ cup spelt flour
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp natural sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup full fat, organic cottage cheese
- 2 large egg, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Whisk flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, cottage cheese, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until combined. Quickly whisk in the coconut oil so it is well combined into the batter without clumps. Stir in the blueberries and pecans. In a separate bowl, beat the 2 egg whites until stiff then fold them into the batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan lightly greased with coconut oil on medium heat. When hot, add ¼ cup spoonful of batter to the skillet. When the edges start to look dry, about 5 minutes, flip. (This batter is thicker, so you won’t see as many bubbles in the middle as a sign it’s ready to flip.) Cook 2 minutes on the other side, then remove to a plate and serve or keep warm in a 200ºF. degree oven.
- Serve topped with plain yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipe and photo courtesy Rachael Hartley, RD, LD, CDE @ Avocado A Day Nutrition
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top