Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 pieces sprouted or whole-grain bread
- 1 avocado
- handful of greens (spinach/chard/arugula/etc.)
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Bring a medium nonstick saucepan full of water (about 2½–3 inches deep) and 2 tablespoons of vinegar to a full boil under a lid.
- Break eggs carefully into individual ramekins. Turn off heat and immediately add eggs to pan gently. To add the eggs, tip the corner into the hot water and allow the water to pool into the ramekin. Jiggle the cup slightly to let it start to set the egg, then pour out into the pan. Replace lid.
- Set timer for 3–4 minutes for runny eggs, 4–5 minutes for medium. Do not lift lid!
- While they are poaching toast the bread. Smash avocado and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon remove poached eggs to a paper towel to drain momentarily. If they are a little underdone to your liking leave in water for another minute or two.
- Top toast with avocado, a handful of greens, poached egg and a pinch more of salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of balsamic reduction if desired
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dani Meyer @ The Adventure Bite
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top