Pollo al Ajillo (Garlic Chicken)
- 2 heads garlic (about 25 cloves), peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp paprika
- 6 bay leaves
- 5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, drumsticks, or leg quarters
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients (minus the bay leaves) then blend in a blender or food processor. Combine with the bay leaves and chicken in a plastic resealable bag and marinate for at least four hours, overnight preferred.
- Prepare your grill for indirect, high-heat grilling (about 400ºF on the cool side of the grill); for a charcoal grill, bank the charcoal to one side of the grill. For a gas grill, turn on the burners on only one side, to their highest setting. Place the chicken on the cool side of the grill, skin-side up, and roast until golden and its liquid runs clear when pierced (165ºF for those with a quick-read thermometer), about 35 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy Russ Crandall @ The Domestic Man
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top