Pumpkin Soup with Chipotle
• ½ cup raw cashews (preferably soaked in water for 1 to 2 hours)
• 1 cup water
• 4 cups organic vegetable broth
• 1 can (15 ounces) organic pumpkin
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 Spanish onion, chopped
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (seeds removed), chopped
• Unrefined sea salt, to taste
• Juice from 2 whole limes
• Pumpkin seeds, for garnish
1. In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the cashews and water; process until smooth and creamy. Add in the pumpkin puree and vegetable broth, and process again until ingredients are well-blended. Set “pumpkin cream” aside.
2. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic; sauté for 6 to 7 minutes, or until onions and celery are translucent. Add the cumin, chopped chipotle peppers, and season with salt to taste. Pour in the “pumpkin cream” and use a handheld stick blender to process until smooth and creamy.
3. Simmer soup over low heat for 15 minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds before serving.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top