2. Sun-dried tomato & prosciutto pesto flatbread
Makes 8 servings
What’s healthy about it
Antioxidant-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus a megaboost of vitamins A, C, and K in the form of kale-almond in the pesto, make this superfood pizza a guilt-free comfort food. Enjoy it post-workout, and get a natural protein kick from the prosciutto and almond pesto.
11⁄2 cups curly kale
1⁄2 cup raw almonds
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 lb store-bought pizza dough
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 tsp sea salt, to taste
1⁄2 cup homemade kale-almond pesto (above)
6 slices high-quality prosciutto, torn
2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup arugula
1 cup mozzarella, finely grated
For the pesto:
1) Place kale, almonds, garlic, and sea salt into a food processor or blender, and pulse to combine until the ingredients are somewhat mealy.
2) Gradually add olive oil in a steady stream until the mixture is finely chopped yet still has texture, about 1 minute. Pulse in lemon juice, and adjust the seasoning to taste. Put aside 3⁄4 cup to use. Reserve any extra pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
For the pizza:
1) Preheat oven to 400°.
2) Transfer dough to a large sheet tray, and brush crust with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place in the oven, and pre-bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
3) Spread 3⁄4 cup kale pesto on top of crust. Add prosciutto slices, Roma tomatoes, and arugula, and top with mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 10–12 minutes.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top